Residential Claims Processor
- Assume responsibility for all assigned accounts and sensitive groups to review and resolve problems and complaints concerning claims matters and personally handles the claim through resolution.
- Proactively communicate and respond to claim inquiries from insureds, beneficiaries, policyholders and internal stakeholders; resolve issues through effective verbal and written communication by involving appropriate people within, or outside the department or company; effectively and professionally represent the company in all interactions.
- Relieve and complete work assignments for other Claim Representatives during absences, etc. to stay within the Department’s established turnaround schedule.
- Adjudicate claims in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Interview, make calls and/or corresponds with customers to determine extent of customer concern and resolves situation in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Proactively identify inconsistencies or lag in claim information and utilize effective approaches and resources to obtain clarification or verification.
- Maintain accurate documentation of activities in claim file in accordance with company practices and procedures.
- Recommend changes to management to avoid recurring problems.
- Adhere to quality, production, service and departmental guidelines to process claims.
- Communicate with outside attorneys, group representatives, claimants, reinsurers, and the State Board of Insurance to exchange information and respond verbally or in writing to inquiries.
Required Job Qualifications: * High school dipoma required. * 2 years of relevant experience. * 1 year of HOMEOWNER claims experience. * Problem solving and research skills. * PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, and Outlook. * Customer Service experience. * Organizational skills. * Experience handling multiple tasks and making priorities. * Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills. Preferred Job Qualifications: * Bachelor degree. * Aptitude for math and critical thinking skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Claims Processing: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Temporarily due to COVID-19